Thursday, September 16, 2010

Audience

One interesting thing about this blog is that it is likely to attract two very different audiences. I expect it will be primarily of interest to individuals in the culinary arts who may have little or no understanding of intellectual property law. Therefore, I will compose most of my entries with this audience in mind.

At the same time I recognize that over time, lawyers and others in the legal profession may become interested in following this topic. Within this group, there are some who may already be familiar with intellectual property, and others whose knowledge may only skim the surface.

With that in mind, it will certainly be a challenge to compose entries and gather tidbits that always engage individuals from these divergent groups. Being new to blogging myself, perhaps this is a natural obstacle that bloggers encounter and I am simply discovering it on my own, rather than arising directly from the topic of this particular blog.

At any rate, I hope the blog is, at various times, educational, insightful, and helpful to everyone who happens to visit.